Announcing the Release of TMS6 5.0
Toptech Systems is proud to announce the release of TMS6 5.0. TMS6 has been Toptech Systems’ premier terminal management system since 1995, continually improving to meet the ever changing needs of the market. This release is a major leap forward and includes a large number of new features and bug fixes.
Virtualization, one of the new features, has Toptech Systems especially excited. Steve Wert, Toptech’s Senior Technology Architect, commented that “Virtualization opens up new doors for the options we are able to offer our customers in the future. We’ve built a foundation for capabilities that will give our customers a level of visibility and control never before attained.”
This feature also immediately allows Toptech Systems to offer an increased level of customer service. In addition, TMS6 5.0 brings several new and heavily enhanced security features as well as a 64-bit architecture which will allow an increased memory size for the server. Here is a list of the major enhancements in TMS6 5.0.
- 64-bit architecture
- Server binaries upgraded to run as native 64-bit applications
- Server supports additional memory (Up to 3TB depending on server configuration)
- Security Enhancements
- Client encrypts (SSL/TLS) communication with server
- Streamline of base install (to reduce vulnerabilities)
- Removal of legacy software (C-Tree database, Jasper)
- Updated operating system (Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7)
- Updated database (MySQL 5.6)
- Updated inter-process communication (Latest version of SRR)
This newest version of TMS6 definitively surpasses the competition! Toptech would be happy to answer any questions about this new release of TMS6. Feel free to contact Steve Wert (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions specific to virtualization and tlu-ToptechSales@idexcorp.com for any other inquiries regarding TMS6 5.0.